Terms and Conditions
- The competition is free to enter and is open to children aged between 5 and 11 (with their twelfth birthday not on or before 31 August 2010) who are part of a youth organisation, charity or school which has registered to be part of the Little Tiger Press Young Writer and Illustrator Awards 2010.
- If you are a charity, you need to know your charity registration number. This is usually displayed on all advertising or fundraising material. Please include this number when registering for the competition as it will help us to identify you.
- To register for the competition, schools, charities or youth organisations must add one of the competition banners, copying all of the coding (see How to Enter) and placing it anywhere on their website. They must send a link of their site, with the banner in place, to [email protected] to complete their registration. They will then receive confirmation by email with details of how to submit entries. The banner must be in place until 31 December 2010.
- The closing date for entries is 23rd July 2010. The winners will be announced on 6th September 2010. The prize-giving ceremonies will be arranged before the start of the summer holidays.
- There are two awards. Schools and organisations can enter children for either or both awards but are only allowed one entry per child per award: i. The Little Tiger Press Young Illustrator of the Year 2010 ii. The Little Tiger Press Young Writer of the Year 2010.
- There are two categories for each award: ages 5-7 (Key Stage 1) and ages 8-11 (Key Stage 2). Prizes will be awarded for each category but with one overall winner in each award.
- Every school or organisation can submit only 5 entries per category i.e. up to 5 Key Stage 1 children for the Young Writer Award, 5 Key Stage 1 children for the Young Illustrator Award, 5 Key Stage 2 children for the Young Writer Award and 5 Key Stage 2 children for the Young Illustrator Award.
- Once a school or organisation has registered they can submit their entries by email or by post to the address supplied. You will receive this information in the downloadable pack we will email when we confirm your registration.
- The prizes for the schools or organisations will be awarded to the school or organisation who submitted the winning entries for each category.
- Only schools and organisations based in the UK (including Northern Ireland) can participate.
- All entries must be completely original.
- All entries for the writing competition must be in English, typed and not more than 600 words.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to arrive by the closing date of Friday 23rd July 2010 will not be entered in the competition. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt.
- Please keep copies of entrants’ work as entries will not be returned.
- Entry implies agreement for the winning entries to be displayed on our website.
- No alternative cash prizes will be given and vouchers are not exchangeable for cash. The complete list of prizes for schools or organisations and winning pupils are listed here.
- The prize vouchers will be presented in email format.
- School vouchers are redeemable on one purchase and will expire 31st December 2010.
- Individual vouchers are redeemable in amounts of £25 per month in consecutive months from the date of issue.
- Individual vouchers will expire 31st December 2010.
- All vouchers issued include postage and packaging.
- All winners and entrants must agree to participate in reasonable promotional activity. However, the organisers will ensure that no personal data is shared in any media without explicit consent of the children’s parent or guardian and that the privacy of children is protected.
- Every entry will be assessed by the judges. The judges’ decision is final and the organisers will not enter into a discussion about the decision-making process.
- Little Tiger Press & PriceMinister reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.
- This competition has been organised and managed by Blueclaw Media Ltd.
- The competition is not open to the immediate families and employees of Little Tiger Press, PriceMinister or Blueclaw Media Ltd.
- Entry implies acceptance of the rules.
This is the website of PriceMinister and Little Tiger Press. The website is maintained by Blueclaw Media Ltd
PriceMinister and Little Tiger Press take on-line privacy very seriously. When we collect information we want to do so in a way that does not infringe the right to privacy. We do not ask participants to disclose any more information than is reasonably necessary to enable them to enter the competition.
We do not disclose personal information we have collected through this website to third parties.
As far as we are reasonably able, we take all possible steps to protect the information you provide us from theft, alteration or unauthorised inspection.